Tuesday, January 26, 2021

A post on: so what have I listened to so far?

As mentioned in the first post, I have listened to over 40 albums as of today (01/26/2021).  So, what exactly have I listened to so far? What's in store for future posts?  Is this even interesting?

Day 1:

Thursday - A City by the Light Divided

Thursday - War All the Time

Thursday - Full Collapse

Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone Like You

Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want

Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane

Day 2:

Five - Five

Ill Nino - Revolution Revolucion

The Killers - Hot Fuss

Stutterfly - And We Are Bled of Color

The Moffatts - Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk

Filter - Title of Record

TLC - Crazy Sexy Cool

Godsmack - Godsmack

Day 3:

Sublime - Sublime

Fenix TX - Lechuza

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

Panic! At the Disco - Pretty Odd

Trapt - Trapt

Day 4: 

En Vogue - Funky Divas

Ace of Base - The Sign

Mandy Moore - I Wanna Be With U (Special Edition)

Ashlee Simpson - Autobiography

Day 5:

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Let's Face It

Tommy Lee - Tommyland the Ride

Paula Abdul - Spellbound

The Wallflowers - Bringing Down the House

Trust Company - The Lonely Position of Neutral

Melinda Doolittle - Coming Back to You

Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin

Day 6:

AFI - Sing the Sorrow

Behind White Lies - Virginia's Home Whether You Like It or Not

Day 7:

Disturbed - The Sickness

The Ataris - So Long Astoria

Beck - Odelay

Day 8:

Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment

Alice in Chains - Dirt

Cee-Lo - Cee-Lo's Magic Moment

Day 9 (today):

Rancid - Indestructible

A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms

Memento - Beginnings

As of writing this, Beginnings is ending.  The final two albums to get through today are:

Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz - Kings of Crunk

Dashboard Confessional - A Man, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar


So far, plenty of diversity I would say. Good array of music genres and artists.  Some albums I have a lot of thoughts about (both good and bad), but most albums I would label as "not offensive to the ears" and the most popular note in my notebook, "didn't hate it." Of the albums listed, two of them I had such a visceral reaction to, that it was torture to finish.  Care to wager which two? Here's a hint: I listened to them on the same day, back to back.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A post on: Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want

There's no big back story before I actually put in the first CD and began taking notes.  My first step was acquiring a CD player. I boug...